• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCLA MFE Round 1 2024 Fall admissions interviews UCLA MFE

Has anyone been invited to interview for a UCLA Anderson MFE interview yet?
When do interview invites typically get released?

nothing as of now. their website says tentative decision by march 1st (for the dec 31st deadline). So I guess if they wanna interview a few candidates, they will notify us in the next 2 weeks maybe? Just guessing.

Is it possible for them to admit students without interviews?

Also, has no one received an interview invite yet?

Is it possible for them to admit students without interviews?

Also, has no one received an interview invite yet?
idk about admits w/o interviews.

I applied on the 30th of dec, no update on the interview yet. Their website says tentative decision on march 1st, so i guess we should hear about the interviews in the next few weeks?

Just received my invite today with a week to complete, I applied a few days before the deadline
With it being a recorded interview, let us know if they give any sample type of questions? And how technical is it?

Good luck!

I see I see. It's unnerving isn't it? To see others here starting to get interview invites but there isn't one from a single school for yourself.

Good luck to us both!
I know right? The way out is to not give up hope just yet. Good luck to us, yes!

My son got an interview invite on Jan 11th and finished it on Jan 15th- they only gave him 3 days to prep the interview. 7 questions- 3 behavioral questions, 4 technical questions. Good luck!

My son got an interview invite on Jan 11th and finished it on Jan 15th- they only gave him 3 days to prep the interview. 7 questions- 3 behavioral questions, 4 technical questions. Good luck!
Hi! Could I please ask you to tell us more about the technical questions for UCLA MFE? Do we have to solve them in writing or do they require a video response? If yes, then how many video and written questions out of the 4? Thanks a ton!

Hi! Could I please ask you to tell us more about the technical questions for UCLA MFE? Do we have to solve them in writing or do they require a video response? If yes, then how many video and written questions out of the 4? Thanks a ton!
My son did the interview so I don’t know how difficult the technical question were, but he said they were not easy. To answer your question- you click the question # and then you will see the question, you have 5mins to prepare / write down your answer and you then record your answer as a video, then you submit your video for this question. So basically if I understood him right- all 7 questions are video recorded including all 4 technical questions.

My son did the interview so I don’t know how difficult the technical question were, but he said they were not easy. To answer your question- you click the question # and then you will see the question, you have 5mins to prepare / write down your answer and you then record your answer as a video, then you submit your video for this question. So basically if I understood him right- all 7 questions are video recorded including all 4 technical questions.
Thank you for your prompt response. I hope your son gets in! Good luck to all of us!

With it being a recorded interview, let us know if they give any sample type of questions? And how technical is it?

Good luck!
There is an unlimited practice with multiple behavioral questions and just one sample technical question. The sample question was definitely more difficult than the real ones and the real ones also cover a wider range of topics.

Back