• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCLA MFE Round 1 2024 Fall admissions interviews UCLA MFE

I am confused as which university to pursue my masters in finance from. I have got the offer from McGill in MMF program and UCLA's MFE program. I want to go into Futures and Option Trading/ HFT trading as of now but my goals might change while exploring the masters. Which university should I choose? I have already paid 5K CAD to block my seat at McGill. If someone can help me in this dilemma then that would be super great!

I am confused as which university to pursue my masters in finance from. I have got the offer from McGill in MMF program and UCLA's MFE program. I want to go into Futures and Option Trading/ HFT trading as of now but my goals might change while exploring the masters. Which university should I choose? I have already paid 5K CAD to block my seat at McGill. If someone can help me in this dilemma then that would be super great!
I still recommend UCLA. Opportunities in Canada for HFT trading are very limited and you’ll likely still be looking for a job in the US after you graduate McGill.

The main benefit you’ll get from UCLA is the 3 year OPT program which will help a lot in the initial job search combined with the Anderson alumni network and MFE career team’s efforts.

Anyone still waiting for a decision? I gave my interview on 26th Feb.

Did you apply before Round 1 deadline? If so you’re probably fine to email them and ask for a status update, their tentative decision date is listed as March 1st which is long past.
Yeah. They sent a mail on 1st that they'll be sending results on a rolling basis. But no update after that.

Seniors, could you please guide me on how to tackle the technical part of the interview? It would mean so much. Is it difficult? Any tips? Should I revise a few college math concepts before attending it? I've to take it in the next day or two. Thanks a lot.

Seniors, could you please guide me on how to tackle the technical part of the interview? It would mean so much. Is it difficult? Any tips? Should I revise a few college math concepts before attending it? I've to take it in the next day or two. Thanks a lot.
If you're rusty on math I would definitely go over basic calc/linear algebra/probability

If you google Chinese forums for them you can find questions from last year which are very accurate to this year (I had a few of the same questions)

If you're rusty on math I would definitely go over basic calc/linear algebra/probability

If you google Chinese forums for them you can find questions from last year which are very accurate to this year (I had a few of the same questions)
Could you please send over the link to the forum with last year's Qs? Also, can I connect with you on Reddit or somewhere else if you're comfortable? Thanks a ton. :)

Probably revise Basic Linear Algebra, Probability concepts and PDEs. The questions are fundamental and won't need a lot of calculation. All the Best!

Hey, anyone received an update? I gave my interview on 17 feb and got an email on 1st March saying that my application is still under review. I’ve emailed them again last week, but they said the same thing. Just wanted to know if anyone else is in the same situation

Hey, anyone received an update? I gave my interview on 17 feb and got an email on 1st March saying that my application is still under review. I’ve emailed them again last week, but they said the same thing. Just wanted to know if anyone else is in the same situation
I am in the same boat, gave my interview on 26th Feb. Honestly, I don't have much hopes left.

Back