• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

SAS for FE

Hey everyone,

I have been doing a little bit of research and have noticed that SAS is primarily used for risk management for most financial firms.

What else can SAS be used for?

I am entering a master's program in Stats that has a heavy SAS element and requires a substantial project using SAS. I would like to use a financial firm as a client for this project, who should I contact?

For example, I know that Barra uses SAS extensively, who else uses SAS?

thanks

Significance of SAS for Quant

Hi All,

Can someone please explain the significance of SAS for a quant ? I have 3 years of experience in C++/ Design Patterns/STL and I am being offered a job in SAS. Will it be really useful to learn SAS or I shoud continue to work on C++ ? I am looking forward to apply for the MFE program after 1 year.

Thanks,
Sidd

Back