• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

securitized products

Hello,
I am looking for a good refrence in securitized products. Is there any one who knows good books or papers or whatever that can help me to learn more about them and the models are used to analyse them,
Thank you

you might also want to look at: http://books.google.com/books?id=2Rk3A0B4epwC&printsec=frontcover&dq= (The Handbook of Fixed Income Securities by Fabozzi)
I used this book as an initial guide to study MBS/ABS and found it really helpful in clearing off many concepts of the US market (Origination, pooling and TBA trades). There is another book by the same author specifically for Mortgage Backed Securities. I have not read it but it should be good given the fixed Income Securities one has a major portion dedicated to securitized products.

Going through the second book mentioned above... Elements of Structured Finance for Tuesdays final.

Thank you all. I read the first chapter of The Handbook of Fixed Income Securities by Fabozzi in the last weekend. It has explained the concepts clearly. I just received Elements of Structured finance book from library.

If anybody's interested in further study/dicussion on this topic please consider following. I have a very deep attachment to securitized products esp MBS. There is an effort going around by the National Housing Bank (Reserve Bank of India subsidiary) to securtize Mortgages into MBS in India. There are many hurdles in the process. They have come out with innovative ways to handle those hurdles one of which is credit enhancement. These credit enhancement features are unique to emerging markets and present a good case study on how to develop a new securitized product from scratch. Have a look at: http://www.nhb.org.in/ for further details. At its nascent stage the MBs market in India has a lot to offer in terms of learnings, implementation and also career opportunities (you can be really creative and innovative in a new market..)

Back