• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

SF Bay Area Quant Recruiters

Hello - Does anyone know how I can get in contact with quant recruiters in the SF bay area? All of my contacts are in NY and I am looking to branch out.

Thanks!
JCarrero

Try linkedin. There are lots of recruiters from all areas in US. Good luck :)

If its third-party recruiters you are after, SF has very few that operate exclusively in the Bay Area. Most of the local recruiters that I have encountered are are mainly Tech recruiters who work across the spectrum Silicon Valley industries. Few of them end up establishing relationships with SF financial firms mostly in their ability to hire for their IT departments and leverage that in finding prospects for Quant finance jobs.

The few that are not Tech recruiters are likely to be former in-house recruiters for the bigger name quant firms that are now independent or on contract.

I'd follow Luzhu suggestion in using linkedin. Though I'd search for either current in-house recruiters for the Quant firms or filter out any recruiter than hasn't worked for a Bay Area based quant firm in the past.

Firms to look for;
Blackrock (Ex BGI)
Mellon Capital
Moody's KMV
Charles Schwab
MSCI Barra (as previously suggested)

Back