• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Should I wait for CFA L2 results before applying?

Hello dear members! I request your advice.

I am applying for MS Quant Finance courses - specifically,
- Oxford M Sc Mathematical and Computational Finance
- LBS Master of Financial Analysis
- LSE MSc Finance
- Warwick Math Finance
etc.

My profile:
- Passed CFA L1,
- GMAT 700,
- engineering background,
- no experience in Finance industry,
- Undergrad: First Class,
- Graduate school (MS in Engineering = 3.65 GPA).

I realize that the top schools would be a long shot for me, but I am applying to easier ones as well such as Edinburgh and Manchester.

Most applications start in Oct, 2021 for Sep 2022 intake. My CFA Level 2 exam falls on Nov 28th, and results would be out by end of January 2022 only!

MY QUESTION: Should I wait until end of January before submitting my applications, hoping that CFA L2 would add weight to my application?

If I fail the exam, I would have lost the early application advantage. If I pass the exam, would my chances of admission improve?

Please share your thoughts!

Also, CFA L2 definitely helps, but most school application will be closed at that time. You might say you've taken CFA L2 and sure you can pass on your personal statement. However, CFA is not that important, because MFE is Engineering instead of Finance

Also, CFA L2 definitely helps, but most school application will be closed at that time. You might say you've taken CFA L2 and sure you can pass on your personal statement. However, CFA is not that important, because MFE is Engineering instead of Finance
Thank you for the reply. I will apply in R1 itself.
I took GMAT because I am applying to UK MFE's, specifically, LSE, Imperial etc., all of which accept GMAT.

good to hear :) I think UK’s MFE and US MFE are different, since UK MFE represents for Master of Financial Economics, which might not require as much math and CS as US Master of Financial Engineering does. Good luck

Thank you.. I actually meant Financial Engineering in the US context. As in Imperial MSc Financial Engineering etc.

Back