• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Should people with a degree in fin/biz/eco take the lvl 1 CFA exam ?

sure..... it would only help. what do want to do?

Agree with alain that it will only help you, but it also depends on what you want to do.

Assuming you are asking if there is value in lvl 1 CFA after a degree in fin/biz/eco then I can tell you that the lvl 1 CFA goes beyond an undergrad curriculum in fin/biz/eco. I have even heard it being equated to a masters in finance.

I guess I should ask,
Should people with a degree in fin/biz/eco take the lvl 1 CFA exam just if they want to get into a MFE program ?
I know that it can't hurt, but I need to study for the exam (simply because it covers more than we covered in the undergrad program+ I need to review a lot of things that I covered during my fin/biz/eco/acc courses).

However, people with no fin/biz/eco background are recommended to take it.
So, what should I do ?
The thing is that I need to take the GRE + the GRE math subject and I don't think I want (and I dont really have time) to take the lvl 1 CFA exam unless it's very important/necessary

However, people with no fin/biz/eco background are recommended to take it.

who made that recommendation? who was on the receiving end of the recommendation?

GRE way more important !

Agreed with Dubz. GRE is way more important. Sometimes universities give conditional acceptances if you have no finance background to take CFA level 1 (E.g Berkeley). But if you have the background you don't need it. Do good on GRE and GRE subject.

Back