• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Signs of a good quant employer

I was poached by a quant trading firm (from a rival) quite early in my career . This new firm has had high turnover and is incredibly unstructured; ultimately I was misled when I signed and felt regret about my decision to join. When looking at smaller, more secretive quant shops, what are the best things to look out for? How are the most successful firms generally structured? Thinking of this from the perspective of someone with good experience, but too young to be a leader...

Sorry for going off the rails here, but my 11 year old son is a natural leader.

I was 35 when I made VP on the trading desk at Morgan Stanley. My boss' boss' boss who ran the whole division was 31.

My son took to drumming!

// My parents wanted me to become a lion tamer.

Back