• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Studying C++ for quant finance.

babinu

XYZ
Hi ,

I have working knowledge for C++ with good experience with java and perl . I am contemplating buying a book that will help me to learn the applications of c++ in quant finance and give a sound footing in the same. I have researched on this and have come up with 3 books

1. Modeling Derivatives in C++(by Justin London)
2. Financial Instrument Pricing in C++ ( by Daniel Duffy)
3. C++ Design Patterns and Derivative Pricing (by Mark Joshi)

Looking at their brief contents, I am leaning to the second one (though it is bit expensive) , but I would like to hear what others think as well , So please comment :)

Thanks
Babinu

I prefer the third one,because i test some codes which show in those three books with visual C++ 2010 express, and the codes show in the third book compiled successfully only with a few modification.

The template classes in my book were for VC++ 6.0. Updates on www.datasimfinancial.com
The 2nd editions of my C++ books will be at level C++ 11.

//
Template support changed appreciably from VC++ 6.0 to new releases.

Back