• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Tip for people: Get to LinkedIn. Quick.

I just had a recruiter contact me from LinkedIn. Essentially, it's my main method of looking for work now =). So if I may give a tip to others, make a nice LinkedIn profile.

Completely agree, a profile on LinkedIn is great advice...btw, my friend who's still in college told me to look at the recruiter salary vs. a quant salary after she read your comment; guess the people hiring us don't make that much money. What else has worked for you in finding a job, talking with recruiters, etc.?

So far, just the one. But she's awesome. She's a far more powerful resource than trying to job hunt through job portals. Above and beyond. I'll say it again. She is awesome. The kinds of opportunities she's telling me about are ones I would not have imagined so soon.

It is a matter of supply/demand though. There are more people with recruiter skills than there are quant skills.

I just had a recruiter contact me from LinkedIn. Essentially, it's my main method of looking for work now =). So if I may give a tip to others, make a nice LinkedIn profile.

i've had at least 5 different recruiters contact me from linkedin in the past yr...nice medium to make a name for yourself than sending your resume to 100 recruiters who may or may not reply back to you

Recruiters are moving to LinkedIn so soon enough, you will receive mostly unsolicited emails asking you to apply for IT jobs in Alaska.

Back