• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

To Everyone Working In Trading... Careers Advice/Networking

Hey!

Can someone working in trading/prop trading/a HF please be kind enough to give me a little careers advice please? May I also speak to you via PM to learn a little more about you/what you trade/what you like about your work/career?

I want to work in this environment – I have shadowed traders and loved it – but I am a newbie to the work world and need some assistance in ‘correctly positioning’ myself to launch a successful career in trading.

I hope someone will be kind enough to push me in the right direction. It will mean the world to me! I'm not sure if I stand a chance and therefore speaking to people in the industry will really help me.

Thanks in advance! :)

a) figure out what you want to trade.
b) figure out why you want to trade it.
c) educate yourself.

I am working in a Prop Trading desk. PM me if you need anything...

Words of Caution:
Never be in 2 minds about getting into Trading. If you feel it is the right kind of job for you, just plunge into it. Or if you are in doubt never think of trading again. The success rate of people in Trading career is very less, so you need lots of focus to stay here.

Back