• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Top 7 Books to Read

As far as I know, the book has been out of print for some time. Your best best is likely to be some place like Amazon or Half.com

My choice :
1. Monte Carlo methods - Glasserman
2. Interest rate models - Brigo and Mercurio
3. Finite difference methods in financial engineering - Daniel Duffy
4. Design Pattern C++ - M.Joshi
5. Pricing financial instrument : the finite difference method - Domingo Tavella
6. Volatility and Correlation : the perfect hedger - R. Rebonato
7. The volatility surface - J.Gatheral

Hey,

I'm an undergrad and I want to get my feet wet over the summer. What is the best intro financial math book I will be able to understand with only stats, calc 1, 2, 3 and linear?

Thanks!

Hey,

I'm an undergrad and I want to get my feet wet over the summer. What is the best intro financial math book I will be able to understand with only stats, calc 1, 2, 3 and linear?

Thanks!

The late Salih Neftc's The Mathematics of Financial Derivatives

<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=quantfinaneng-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=0125153929&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=FFFFFF&bg1=F7F7F7&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Not related to quant finance in any way but I found Robert J. Ringer's "Winning through Intimidation" to be a rewarding read and it's been by my side for over thirty years now. There may be some used copies floating around.

Postscript: read some of the Amazon reviews to understand why I recommend this book.

<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=quantfinaneng-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=0449207862&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=FFFFFF&bg1=F7F7F7&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Back