• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Transitioning From Software Developer To Quant Developer

I mathematic background with a 2-year college diploma in Mathematics. I have been working as a Software Developer for over 9 years using Java, Scala, little C++ developing in FinTech Industry. without little or no knowledge of Finance. I will like to switch my career to a Quant developer. I intend to take 6-month Certificates in Quantitative Finance CQF from fitchlearning.com course to jump-start my career in Quant space. I will need advice regarding a quant developer career. How to transit from Software developer to Quant developer.

Last edited:
What does a 2-year degree in maths entail? It used to be 3 or 4 years?? Maybe I'm out of touch.

What does a 2-year degree in maths entail? It used to be 3 or 4 years?? Maybe I'm out of touch.
it is a 2-year course in mathematic from a college diploma
I have calculus, statistics, mathematical method, Abstract Algebra etc

Last edited:
Shouldn't be difficult. You just need your resume to look like a quant's resume not a software dev's resume.

Yes, CQF will definitely help sharpen your understanding of the kind of models, algorithm and infrastructure you will handle.
Most importantly, soon as your knowledge of the Finance space grows(via CQF), reach out to industry participants and try working on personal projects similar to what they do in the industry.

Back