• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

transtioning from engineer to quant

Hi,

I 'm hoping somebody here would be kind enough to answer some questions for me.

I have an MSEE and six years experience in signal processing. I recently decided to try and make a transition to quantitative finance but I 'm having trouble gaining any traction as far as getting interviews.

My questions are:

1. How valuable is the CQF for someone with no prior finance experience. Does it open doors for interviews. Full time study is not a viable option for me right now.

2. How realistic is it to pursue a pure quant role and are there any other entry roles that could allow me to get in the door and prove myself.

3. How much is a new quant hire expected to know right off the bat.

I know this is an MFE site but I would appreciate someone getting back to me.

Thanks

Send an email or PM Dominic. If you know signal processing good enough and also can stand your ground in C++ he might be able to help you.

Back