• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UChicago v/s NYU Tandon

NYU/UChicago?

• Total voters
I have received admits from both the schools for FinMath & MFE respectively. However, I'm unable to collect info about the kind of job roles offered to people in NYC & Chicago. I've read Chicago is a trading hub & there are good trading profiles (my area of interest) available there while there's many Quantitative Analyst roles available in NYC & should be preferred for a good placement. Can someone please throw some light into the number of opportunities and job roles available in both the cities? Also please comment about your choice among the two schools and the reason if possible!

Maybe if you looked at NYU vs. UChicago's stance on covid that will help your decision? I.e maybe one school will be offering a spring 2021 start instead while the other is online this fall

this one is a really close call for sure...i would say location is the differentiator.
Exactly! I know location is the distinguishing factor, hence I needed some clarity about it with respect to kind of roles available and the number of opportunities in both the cities. However, please comment about your opinion on the curriculum/ placement services for both the programs

Maybe if you looked at NYU vs. UChicago's stance on covid that will help your decision? I.e maybe one school will be offering a spring 2021 start instead while the other is online this fall
I agree but I'm open to the option of deferring my admission as well so just figuring out which one to hold on to

I think Chicago has also not announced any changes in schedule yet, September as usual

i heard uchicago being more theoretical and NYU is more practical. If you already have solid foundation for programming/math, UChicago. If not, then NYU gives you decent preparation for your quant career (two yrs). Plus there are more opportunities in the NYC. Hope this helps

Back