• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UK Masters from Engineering

Hi, I am planning on studying for a Master's degree in Computational Finance / Quantitative Finance / Financial Engineering / Financial Mathematics in the UK. My profile is:

- Undergraduate degree: Computer and Internet Engineering BEng
- First-year grade: 79.38
- Second-year grade: 77.25
- Experience: One-year internship as a software engineer

I have applied for the following programmes:

- Computational Finance MSc at UCL (Waiting for decision)
- Quantitative Finance MSc at Bayes Business School (Offer received)
- Financial Mathematics MSc at University of York (Waiting for decision)
- Computational Mathematical Finance MSc at The University of Edinburgh (Waiting for decision)
- Financial Mathematics MSc at Queen Mary University of London (Offer received)
I was also thinking of applying for Imperial, LSE, or Warwick, but the problem is that I am not sure if my background (experience and grades) is strong enough to have a chance of getting an offer, as reading the requirements of some of them they specify mathematics or physics undergraduates and not engineering. Also, the university where I am currently is not a top-tier university. Does anyone have any suggestions for other Master's programmes in the UK, and how good my profile is for applying?

Thanks!

Back