• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Unified Software Design with Applications in C++ and C#

Daniel Duffy

C++ author, trainer
This first chapter on a defined process for software design that subsumes several other methods. Now that C++11/C++14 and C# are here we can easily map design blueprints to code.
We take several smallish and medium-sized examples. We have the design for MC and PDE models, for example. Exercise 5 in the chapter gives an indication of other examples.

When a system has been designed it can be hooked up to larger systems by ball and sockets. There is a clear assembly process going on here.

Section 9.5 is Policy based design which probably does not scale to large systems, at least I cannot see how it can.

All this was known since my book on Domain Architectures in 2004; two things have changed 1) C++ got better 2) I now concentrate on context diagram instead of jumping into design patterns.

And the design will be ideally suitable to parallel processing (e.g. consider the parallel tasks in Figure 9.3).

Suggestions and feedback welcome.

// Data-driven design seems to be the buzzword in C++ these days. But it takes its cue (probably unknowingly) from the pioneering work of Tom de Marco, Ed Yourdon, and Michael Jackson.

Attachments

• Chapter 9 An Introduction to Unified Software Design (USD).pdf
    771 KB · Views: 19
Back