• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Wall Street senior managers want YOU

Hiring managers on Wall Street told me that they are interested in background of some members on Quantnet whose frequent postings they come across and like to invite for some informational interview.

They suggest that I set up a way for members here to upload their resume so it's easier for hiring managers, recruiters to check out profile and contact people directly.

And I did just that. If you are interested in hiring managers contact you directly and privately, please follow the steps below.
  1. Go to our Downloads tab
  2. Upload your resume:
    • Clik on Add
    • Upload a file (pdf, doc) under Category - Resume
  3. Once done, go to your resume. It will have a link similar to the sample resume i uploaded
    http://www.quantnet.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=433
  4. Copy this address
  5. Go to your profile, under Edit Your Details
  6. Paste the address in step 4) into the Resume field (last column)
  7. Save. You are done.
You will then see a small icon under your avatar that when people click on, will go directly to your resume.

YdV.jpg

Just look at my avatar above for example.

You can delete/upload a new resume at any time. Here are the steps to update/delete your resume
  1. Click on your resume link (either through the link obtained via step 4 or by click on icon under your avatar)
  2. Select Edit. (If you want to delete, select Delete)
  3. Upload a new pdf file
  4. Save. You are done.

Just another way to use Quantnet to get exposure, get contact and get hired. I know one of our bloggers have been approached by industry people before.

Best of luck.

What will be the procedure to update your old resume to a more recent version ?

@Ilya : you should post your resume in a pdf format. (.doc's are very unfriendly documents)

Maybe it's time for me to make some intelligent comments on this forum:)

I have in past been offered recommendations and interviews through people who saw my QuantNet and Blog posts. They clicked on my LinkedIN and contacted me through there.

I would be a bit skeptical about having my C.V up for public to see. It might back-fire too.

My 2 cents.

You have to be a member here to see others' resume so the public, google bot can't read your resume.
And if you put your LinkedIn in your profile, it will serve the same purpose as a resume.

If someone thinks you are interested enough to invite you to the company for an informal interview, you don't want them to spend extra effort to find out about you, right?

If you don't put the info about you right within a click, they may just move on. Just like when you google something, people rarely click on results on page 2, or items further down the list.

You have 5 seconds to capture attention of someone in a hiring position and you want them to have it RIGHT AWAY.

DIbbs, I'd remove your contact info from your resume aside from an email IMO. Don't want to be putting your cell # up for the entire internet to see.

Odds are there's some doc to PDF converter out on the internet...I'll find it soon enough.

CutePDF is what you are looking for.

I'll repeat again that only registered members here can download your resume. If someone thinks you are worth the trouble, they will sign up on QN to see it, or click on your LinkedIn profile to find out.
As for putting contact info in your resume, just look at it this way, many MFE programs have their students resume book available to download by the public and those resumes contain full contact info.

If you may it inconvenient for people to call/email you, they won't bother.

And using your real name here will only help your credibility. Usernames like "quantwannabe", "iwanttobequant" are not going to help.

You have to be a member here to see others' resume so the public, google bot can't read your resume.
And if you put your LinkedIn in your profile, it will serve the same purpose as a resume.

If someone thinks you are interested enough to invite you to the company for an informal interview, you don't want them to spend extra effort to find out about you, right?

If you don't put the info about you right within a click, they may just move on. Just like when you google something, people rarely click on results on page 2, or items further down the list.

You have 5 seconds to capture attention of someone in a hiring position and you want them to have it RIGHT AWAY.

Good point.

Just want to let you all know that the person contacted me about the resume idea is a managing director of a top IB who has been hiring MFE for his group.
Due to his bank's rule, he may not be able to post on forum but have been following our community closely.

He shall be referred to as "Wall Street executive anonymous" or WSEA :)

Just out of interest, are they just looking for full time positions or are there internships as well? I'm asking as I will need to look for a summer internship for next year (I'm doing the Cornell 3 semester ORIE FE program at the moment).

@The people looking for a pdf converter, I'm pretty sure for office 2007/2010 you can just save as a pdf from inside word - file/save as (or at least my version can from Office 2010 Ultimate).

The WSEA I talked to is known to hire for internship and FT position for his group. Obviously the people working for him will do the mundane hiring routine but he is always keeping an eye out for talent. Here, he can get direct access to some people who have demonstrated great personality, technical skills as well as a desire to help out the community :)

Also, I can confirm that you can save to PDF from Excel 2007. But i still recommend the CutePDF as you can print to PDF file from any program or website.

I'm an undergraduate at my 1st year: would it be useful to post here my resume, too?
I've not relevant experience in the financial world yet, but few internships in other companies and very good high-school grades and seminars.

What's your opinion?
Thanks.

Back