• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What courses are you taking this semester ?

Andy, you take only two classes ? I think you want to graduate this year. Except for this two, I also registered for Pro. Raynes, Structured Finance and a Capstone. Try my best to graduate end of this year.

Yan,
I heard that you can use internship for credits so you don't have to take 4 courses. Maybe you can take 3 courses and still graduate this Dec
I am still scouting ideas for a capstone project which I will do next semester. In either event, I will graduate next Spring so it makes sense to take 2 courses this semester and next.

Yan,
I heard that you can use internship for credits so you don't have to take 4 courses. Maybe you can take 3 courses and still graduate this Dec
I am still scouting ideas for a capstone project which I will do next semester. In either event, I will graduate next Spring so it makes sense to take 2 courses this semester and next.

I already got credit for the internship with UBS in Spring. I want to learn more from Sylvain, Neftci and also the Interest Rate Model...:-\" My problem would be time, I will work full time while taking three classes...:wall

Andy, I can't believe you are going to take less than 4 courses :)

Yan,

Does this apply to everyone? I thoguht this is just for foreign students.
Maybe I'll think about doing this too.

If you are not F1 student, then when you accept the internship offer, did you go to sign up an internship course with Cathy for the summer or last Spring? The internship course ranges from 1--3 credits. And you have to pay tuition for that course. Go through the same steps what international students have to do, except you pay the in-state tuition.

If you didn't do it, then you can't use your internship to count toward your degree plan.
It is like you sign up and pay for a class, you will get 3 credits for sitting in the classroom and pass the final exam. For internship, it is the same, except the class is conducted in your work place and there is no final exam. I guess if you get fired during the internship, then you fail that class.
LOL :)
Anyway it is too late to do anything, unless you are doing it for Fall 2007.

I already got credit for the internship with UBS in Spring. I want to learn more from Sylvain, Neftci and also the Interest Rate Model...:-\" My problem would be time, I will work full time while taking three classes...:wall

ah... three classes and full time work... plus family... all doable but, you know the deal... zero sleep

In either event, I will graduate next Spring so it makes sense to take 2 courses this semester and next.

i hope you mean 'graduate' purely academically: baruch mfe is like a nice version of cosa nostra - once you're in, you can never leave. [-X.

jk ;] all the best with your studies man.

while working ft, i plan on taking 2 classes/semester, hoping to gradually increase it to 3, we'll see (my situation is very similar to that of Alain).

d

Keep in mind that the program is getting more and more difficult every semester :) a while ago it was possible to work full-time and study full-time :) but this is not the case these days.

Keep in mind that the program is getting more and more difficult every semester :) a while ago it was possible to work full-time and study full-time :) but this is not the case these days.
yeah, summer refreshers are the best testament to that :smt120
if that was just a preview... oi vey :D

i hope you mean 'graduate' purely academically: baruch mfe is like a nice version of cosa nostra - once you're in, you can never leave. [-X.
Yeah, as graduation date got closer, sadness creeps in slowly. I don't know about previous cohorts but the crew this year have a very close relationship that is very evident and palpable. I'm sure through done academically, each of us is not far from the Baruch MFE family.
What can I say.....:wall Just enjoy the programming feast everyday;)
That's the right attitude ;)
There are more where it comes from. I distinctly remember the programming assignments last year. Everyone gathered in the Quantnet lab for the programming marathon. There was a rush of adrenaline as everyone works on the same problem and races for the correct numbers. I'm sure lot of people still think of it as the best time in our program.

Just enjoy it while it lasts.

I'm bringing my Principle of Financial Engineering book by Prof. Neftci to Calibration class to get it signed by the author. ;)

That is a great idea!!! I will bring mine too... mine is not the international version though :D

Yeah, as graduation date got closer, sadness creeps in slowly. I don't know about previous cohorts but the crew this year have a very close relationship that is very evident and palpable. I'm sure through done academically, each of us is not far from the Baruch MFE family.

That's the right attitude ;)
There are more where it comes from. I distinctly remember the programming assignments last year. Everyone gathered in the Quantnet lab for the programming marathon. There was a rush of adrenaline as everyone works on the same problem and races for the correct numbers. I'm sure lot of people still think of it as the best time in our program.

Just enjoy it while it lasts.

BTW, I'm trying to get to my school schedule... 2AM-6AM sleeping regime. I think I slept too much over vacation.

ah... three classes and full time work... plus family... all doable but, you know the deal... zero sleep

The best solution for this, is to bring another part to school and go to school while enjoy family life ;).

Anyway, just try my best.#-o

The best solution for this, is to bring another part to school and go to school while enjoy family life ;).

Anyway, just try my best.#-o
Maggie, I will try that then... I will convince my wife to apply to MFE :D

Back