• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

what other math classes ?

I am graduating in May from Baruch.
I am a Finance major, minoring in Math.

I understand to be more competitive candidate for MFE, it is recommended to take as many Math classes as possible, and this is what I'm planing to do in the fall.

However, besides the pre-requisite mentioned on the webiste, what other math classes should I take ?

This issue might be discussed before but I am weak in researching and cannot find the relating posts.

Thank you for answering the question

You should set an appointment with Prof. Stefanica and talk to him directly.

While it makes sense that you want to meet and talk to Dr. Stefanica, my opinion is that it would be hard to get appointment with him unless you are a student in the MFE program. In addition, there are others in the Math dept whose job is to advice undergrad at Baruch. You would want to talk to Prof. Kosygina, an adviser in the dept and also teaches in the MFE program.

learning how to search effectively will do you a whole lot of good
Here are several relevant threads
Undergrad in Maths @ Baruch-How many credits? - QuantNetwork - Financial Engineering Forum
Baruch prepares graduate students for careers in quant - QuantNetwork - Financial Engineering Forum
Mathematics - Undergraduate Bulletin - Academic Programs - Baruch College

I am graduating in May from Baruch.
I am a Finance major, minoring in Math.

I understand to be more competitive candidate for MFE, it is recommended to take as many Math classes as possible, and this is what I'm planing to do in the fall.

However, besides the pre-requisite mentioned on the webiste, what other math classes should I take ?

This issue might be discussed before but I am weak in researching and cannot find the relating posts.

Thank you for answering the question
Hi jepfr,
The undergraduate mathematics department at Baruch has a financial math concentration, including (but not limited to)
Monte-Carlo simulation (MTH4135)
Introduction to Financial Mathematics (MTH4500)
These classes are available for the Fall semester, and will be taught by professor Howard and professor Zamfirescu. There are also classes in ODE and Stochastic Calculus, but it seems not to be offered in Fall.
By the way, if you haven't taken probability yet, take MTH4120, not MTH3120. They are both probability courses, but the first one is considered to be more advanced.
Good luck.

Back