• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What other Math/Programming courses should I take?

University of Washington. Major in Economics, minor in Mathematics, Aiming for FE programs of next year, 3.70/4.00 GPA, graduating this spring quarter...

So far I've taken...

Math & Stat:
- Calculus I II III
- Multivariable Calculus
- Diff Equation
- Matrix Algebra
- Linear Analysis
- Elementary Statistics Method
- Probability Theory
- Mathematical Statistics
- Math Reasoning
- Econometrics

Programming:
- Econometrics: R, Excel
- Mathematical Stat: R
- Applied Math, Beginning of Scientific Computing: Matlab

Intern:
- Had a intern at a tax and financial consulting firm in LA

Next quarter will be my last one. Therefore I have limited freedom to choose classes. Here are my options for next quarter, however, I can only choose one from:
1. Mathematical Biology: Stochastic Models
2. Statistical Computing: involve C++
So, WHICH ONE is better?

What are my chances to get into a FE program, what tier? Evaluation of my profile?

Thank you for your comments.

Economics majors historically don't compete well with CS/Math/Engineering majors in top MFE programs. You need to beef up your programming and by that, I mean taking a few C++ courses and do some projects.
People generally don't have a good idea of how well you fare against others until they can read enough applications. I do and I can't say much without personal essay, recommendation letters, transcripts.

Read a bunch of finance books, before-MFE-books (http://www.quantnet.com/master-reading-list-for-quants/) so you can talk like a career savvy person in your essay about what you want to do with your MFE.

A finance internship is going to help on your admissions but I think will also be very useful when looking for a job. It will help you get a feel for the general industry and narrow your interests; plus it should help beef up your personal statement.

I agree with Andy, option #2. Need to get that C++ experience.

Back