• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What phone do you have?

Anybody heard of any rumors about the iPhone 5 release date for verizon?

Droid Incredible Verizon. Rooted so free internet tethering :)

Unlimited text/data

Android Rules!

PS.

Andy! When are we going to see a QuantNet app?

I'd love one...

1.2 Ghz dual core processor for HTC Sensation 4G, it's really fast good tool, smart for multitasking.

It goes for almost 900$ here, I'm a simple cellular user, investing so much in a cell for me is pure wastage :(
I don't know which carrier you have but you surely won't pay retail price if you sign a contract. At least, that's how it works with US carriers.
Depends on your location, budget, need, there is a phone for you. You can get Android phones for free with some US carriers here.
Why when you just got the HTC Sensation? Aren't you satisfied with the Sensation? Or you just meant Ohad should buy Galaaxy S2 because he has mixed recommendations about HTC?
I'm with Tmobile and Sensation is the top phone available at the moment. If the SGS2 is available, I may pick it myself.
I had the Sensation for a few days and it's a fun phone to use.

I don't know which carrier you have but you surely won't pay retail price if you sign a contract. At least, that's how it works with US carriers.
Depends on your location, budget, need, there is a phone for you. You can get Android phones for free with some US carriers here.

I'm with Tmobile and Sensation is the top phone available at the moment. If the SGS2 is available, I may pick it myself.
I had the Sensation for a few days and it's a fun phone to use.

Carrier isn't the problem I can use any phone, all the carriers over here support all phones.
I can also sign a commitment and "not" pay a dime, but I prefer buying cash and not tie myself with these scumbags.

Same in the US. You can buy any phone without contract and pay through the nose full retail price for it. There is always Ebay for secondary market.

I'll probably just buy a phone that isn't the latest thing, to be honest, I don't care if the processor is 1.2GHz or 0.9GHz, I hardly uses all the BS phones have today.

Just want to see how much behind the technology curve I am. From several posts I read, most people here have an iPhone or Android?

I'll go first: I'm using a Blackberry Curve 8320 for the past few years and due to get an HTC Sensation in a month.

What is your phone?

HTC Sensation 4G

I'm surprised at how few blackberry users there are here, just considering the number of business people you see with them. Is that because most people here are students? I'm an iPhone4 user myself, but I hate typing on it. I had a blackberry for a while, but switched because no one at my university had one. If I was emailing a lot I would definitely go back to blackberry though...

I'm surprised at how few blackberry users there are here, just considering the number of business people you see with them. Is that because most people here are students?
A large number of members here are already working in finance so many of them are Blackberry users but BB is so yesterday. I had a BB for 4 years, recently moved to Android.
A lot of my friends have BB for personal use in addition to work BB. Many of them now have iPhone/Android alongside with their work BB. Banks now allow employees to replace BB with iPhone/Android so you will see more phaseout.
I miss my BB keyboard but I'm getting better with Swype.

A large number of members here are already working in finance so many of them are Blackberry users but BB is so yesterday. I had a BB for 4 years, recently moved to Android.
A lot of my friends have BB for personal use in addition to work BB. Many of them now have iPhone/Android alongside with their work BB. Banks now allow employees to replace BB with iPhone/Android so you will see more phaseout.
I miss my BB keyboard but I'm getting better with Swype.

I got a Motorola Defy (I like that it can take abuse :) ) , trying to look for a contact while driving (hands free set)/walking is a bitch.
Real keyboard is way ahead of any touch screen in terms of fast typing.

I still think Blackberry has the most functional devices. Their keyboard and form factor make it so that you can type an email, search for a contact, etc. quicker than any other phone. And battery life is very good compared to the higher-end phones. It's just in all the auxiliary aspects that we've come to expect from our 'smartphones' that it fails.

I have an HTC G2. I think it is awesome, the keyboard is very nice, and I prefer a vanilla version of Android with no crapware on it. While the processor isn't top-of-the-line (800 MHz), the clean version of Android does perform very well on it. I'll probably buy a Nokia WP7 phone within the next year though.

Back