• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What would be an expected compensation for an mfe graduate after 10 years?

I'm not just interested in mfe just for it's ability to pay well, but I'd like to have a solid perspective on how much a quant would get compensated after, let's say, 10 years into a job after graduating from mfe? Serious answers please :)

I think it depends on where you are going to be or what you are going to do 10 years after graduation.

I'm not just interested in mfe just for it's ability to pay well, but I'd like to have a solid perspective on how much a quant would get compensated after, let's say, 10 years into a job after graduating from mfe? Serious answers please :)

1 Zimbabwean dollar

R
1 Zimbabwean dollar
Really!?? That much. I definitely have a perspective on what to expect compared to those billionaire quant traders! Just 10 more years and I get 1 Zimbabwean dollar. 1 Zimbabwean dollar = 1 trillion dollars right?

I kid. I kid :)

R
Really!?? That much. I definitely have a perspective on what to expect compared to those billionaire quant traders! Just 10 more years and I get 1 Zimbabwean dollar. Just one. 1 Zimbabwean dollar = 1 trillion dollars right?

I kid. I kid :)

Are you interested in FX? :confused:

1 Zimbabwean dollar

Not funny as the US dollar seems to be going the same way. For those who don't remember the great days of Weimar hyperinflation, a woman sat down to order a coffee at 5,000 marks; when it was time to pay the bill, it had gone up to 8,000 marks.

Some crappy cable channel

Ok, now I really got it. You mean FX quant analyst. Thanks everyone. Just don't answer stupid questions.

Ok, now I really got it. You mean FX quant analyst. Thanks everyone. Just don't answer stupid questions.
FX refers to Forex, currency exchange. It's one of the area in finance that people here work in. The reference is because of your post on dollar and Zimbabwe dollar which is another reference to the hyperinflation in Zimbabwe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbabwean_dollar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation_in_Zimbabwe

In general, people would be tolerant to genuine questions but not those that can be quickly answered via a Google search or Wikipedia reading.

Your original question is in neither region. Like anything else, you can be millionaire or a bum after 10 years. It is an open question and does not have an answer.

FX refers to Forex, currency exchange. It's one of the area in finance that people here work in. The reference is because of your post on dollar and Zimbabwe dollar which is another reference to the hyperinflation in Zimbabwe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbabwean_dollar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation_in_Zimbabwe

In general, people would be tolerant to genuine questions but not those that can be quickly answered via a Google search or Wikipedia reading.

Your original question is in neither region. Like anything else, you can be millionaire or a bum after 10 years. It is an open question and does not have an answer.
Thanks a lot. I tried to google it, but I couldn't find it.

Both actually. I actually googled it a lot. I even used Bing. I know that the average compensation is around 100,000 or less after mfe. Is it not?

Both actually. I actually googled it a lot. I even used Bing. I know that the average compensation is around 100,000 or less after mfe. Is it not?
If you google "FX", you'll find results related to Forex, or "foreign exchange". The fourth listing is "Forex @ DailyFX - Currency Trading News, Forex Trading News, FX ..." -- big hint.

A crucial skill in finance is figuring out stuff by yourself, and knowing when you should be able to solve a problem by yourself.

If you google "FX", you'll find results related to Forex, or "foreign exchange". The fourth listing is "Forex @ DailyFX - Currency Trading News, Forex Trading News, FX ..." -- big hint.

A crucial skill in finance is figuring out stuff by yourself, and knowing when you should be able to solve a problem by yourself.
I actually googled FX and then I figured that probably won't tell me anything, since there are numerous abbreviations with FX so I googled FX quant, which seemed more appropriate. Yes, I do see it now, but I didn't just google 'FX' I googled 'FX quant'.

Back