• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Where can I find US Equity Sector data and Indicies

Wallstyouth

Vice President
I've been scraping finance.yahoo.com for US equity sector data, and indicies (UGLY) and need something more reliable. Yahoo does provide a good deal of data for free, however I'm willing to pay any vendor who can provide a simple API or EOD file that contains this information.

Thanks.

Bloomberg is just way too expensive anyone know of any cheaper vendors?

Reuters?

I assume you are looking for something more than what a trading platform provides (i.e. pricing data).

You can also get Compustat XPressfeed, e.g. depending on what you want, that is somewhere above $20K per year, I think.

The Fama&French database have sectoral indices going back to 1926 I think, for free!

Back