• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Where to live???

Shlomi

SuperDerivatives
Hey guys...
Im starting MFE at Baruch this fall and coming to NYC next week.
I don't know yet where Im gonna live and ill start looking for apts when ill arrive.
At the beginning I thought that its gonna be manhattan but now im not sure at all....
I am willing to pay approx 1500$ and now my options are to find a good deal in manhattan or williamsburg in brooklyn. Got other suggestions for a nice place to live that wont be too far from Baruch?

:sos::sos::sos::sos:
Thank you,
Shlomi

If you are willing to pay $1500 for the rent, you have a lot of options in some nice places. You can try west 20th ~30th 6th or 7th Ave, as well as places above east 80th ,3rd ave, my opinion.

Muting

1500 could mean a lot or very little, it's really dependent on your personal preferences and, oftentimes, pure luck.
in any event, regardless of where you end up settling, keep in mind that it's much easier to get from A to B in nyc than it is in most other large cities.

Back