• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Where will an MFE degree land me?

MFE

hello,

I am from engineering background having good grades in math. Also have an 800 in GRE quant. I was earlier interested in MS Finance. But I can't afford the pre requisites and also job ex. I was the guided to the MFE program which seemed to be interesting. Although this program is costly too, I would want to know about it.

I would also want to know whether the job prospects would be better after MFE of MSF.

I know that MFE revolves around coding. Although i find it boring, i can surely work on it. I would also want to know whether MFE is more hectic than MSF?

Thanks in advance.

okay...thanks Andy Nguyen.

I'm going to rephrase the question again.....this time hopefully I can state what's on my mind.

I have had subjects in my engineering that are present in the curriculum of MFE and not in that of MSF.
But all along i thought to pursue MSF hence didnt look into MFE. I want to just know about what kind of job and pay will i be looking at incase i decide to take up an MFE.

okay...thanks Andy Nguyen.

I'm going to rephrase the question again.....this time hopefully I can state what's on my mind.

I have had subjects in my engineering that are present in the curriculum of MFE and not in that of MSF.
But all along i thought to pursue MSF hence didnt look into MFE. I want to just know about what kind of job and pay will i be looking at incase i decide to take up an MFE.

you can really do anything ... MFE land jobs in many places... just what specifically do you want to do? range of MFE pay can range anywhere from 70k-250k right out of school

Andy,
I have heard that it is easier to get placed if one studies in a financial centre as new york. Is it true? Coz i dont have a very strong profile that can land me into a top university.
Can one still get a good job easily, if one studies in averagely ranked university?

Can one still get a good job easily, if one studies in averagely ranked university?

You WON'T land a job easily regardless of which school you go to.

Back