Which GRE score should I send?

Hi there,
I took two GRE tests and the results are listed as follows,
First V158 Q168 AW3.5
Second V161 Q170 AW3

Although I got a higher verbal and quant scores in my second one, I got a low analytical writing score. I am afraid the low AW may hurt my chance in the application process.
I sent several emails to the admissions office of schools to ask about if I could send two sets of scores together. Most of schools replied I could do this. However, two schools said they could only consider about the highest overall score.
I know the AW score from the first one is still not good, but I am not considering about retaking the GRE test. So I am wondering which score should I send to school? Also, what does school mean "a high overall score ?"

Thank you so much!

326 vs 331. (Overall score)
Simple. Go with the second one and don't overthink about the AWA section.

Cheers

326 vs 331. (Overall score)
Simple. Go with the second one and don't overthink about the AWA section.

Cheers
Hi! Thank you for your reply. But I am worrying about school may have a cutline for the AWA section. MIT requires me to submit only one score for evaluation. In the tracker, I only saw two students admitted to MIT has a AW 3.0. Does that mean MIT may have a cutline of AW?

Hi! Thank you for your reply. But I am worrying about school may have a cutline for the AWA section. MIT requires me to submit only one score for evaluation. In the tracker, I only saw two students admitted to MIT has a AW 3.0. Does that mean MIT may have a cutline of AW?
I strongly believe that MIT would care more about your Q 170 than the .5 difference in your AWA. Send the one with the higher Q.
No MFE in the history of MFEs would care more about AWA than Q in your admission :P

I strongly believe that MIT would care more about your Q 170 than the .5 difference in your AWA. Send the one with the higher Q.
No MFE in the history of MFEs would care more about AWA than Q in your admission :P
Thank you! I think I am just worrying too much about my AWA.
So if school allows me to send two sets of scores, should I just send both scores and let school decide which one they would prefer?

Thank you! I think I am just worrying too much about my AWA.
So if school allows me to send two sets of scores, should I just send both scores and let school decide which one they would prefer?
I would only send the one with the higher Q and let them think that I simply aced it in math. That's what they care about.

Back