• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Which is the best for me? USC Marshall MSBA VS Columbia SPS Applied Analytics

Hello, experts.

I received admission from USC Marshall MS in Business Analytics and Columbia SPS MS in Applied Analytics,
and I wonder which is the best choice for me between them.

Although I know that Columbia is better than USC, I don't know Columbia SPS - MS in Applied Analytics well. Will it be helpful for my career? Some people claim that programs in SPS have low quality while others argue that just certification courses have low quality. I don't know which is true.

Anyway, I'll introduce myself.
I'm 34 years old, and I have worked in Samsung Electronics H.Q for 8 years. To be specific, I had worked at billing department for Galaxy Apps for 5 years, and I've worked as a business analytics related to the Galaxy smartphone for 3 years.

However, I'm not good at programming and coding because my major was sociology. I can handle just Hadoop and SAS-EM and VA, and I'm studying Python by myself. So I really need to improve my technical skill.

In sum, the most important things are the reputation of the program for my career, and courses' quality for my technical skill.

In this case, which is the best option for me?

Thanks for your advice.
Kwon.

Python is useful to learn for sure. Whether it is the best first language to get technical insight into computing is another question.

Back