• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

2009 Interactive Brokers Collegiate Trading Olympiad

Congrats guys. It's impressive that our program was so well represented.

And the WINNERS are:

Vladimir, ranked 7th, $10K prize (73% return)
John, ranked 14th, $1K prize (30% return)
Rachit, ranked 19th, $1K (18% return)
Eugene, ranked 30th, $1K
Shlomi, ranked 42nd, $1K
Carl, ranked 53rd, $1K

That is six Baruch MFE students in top 62! =D> :smt024 ;)

Baruch MFE students rock! =D>

I wonder why the stopped showing the school names.....congrats guys.

Amazing job!!! Congratulations!

Don't forget to pass your knowledge to the next generation of students coming this fall ;)

Comparison to S&P 500

At the start of the competition the S&P 500 was at 890.35 and at the end of the competition it was 638.38 - a drop of 29%. This is probably why relatively few people finished in the money.

Congratulations to all that placed and to all the students who participated despite the heavy work load in the MFE program.

Now Vlad, quick, email me the system so I can make some more money before the edge evaporates!:D

Congratulations to all that placed and to all the students who participated despite the heavy work load in the MFE program.

Now Vlad, quick, email me the system so I can make some more money before the edge evaporates!:D
Gus, only in exchange for your 160%/month return strategy minus 400 times LIBOR :)

IB Olympiad Press Release

I was wondering how many participants took part in the competition. Here is the IB press release.

The College Trading Olympiad continues to attract the attention of university professors and their students with applications coming from 41 countries for the 2009 Olympiad with 372 applications accepted. In 2009, students from far-away places including Argentina, Costa Rica, Estonia, Indonesia, Morocco, Peru, the Philippines, Turkey and South Africa took part.

Hey Andy, can you create an Algo Trading section in the Master Reading List..

Interactive Brokers Olympiad Checks Are Here!

I got my check in the mail today! I felt like Charlie when he finds the golden ticket in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!

:dance::cheers:

It was mailed on Friday 5/8/09. I'm pretty close to Greenwich, CT so perhaps some of you near NYC won't get it until Monday or Tuesday.

Oh yes, and it comes with a 1099-MISC form, but there is no withholding.
Happy tax filing!

Where is my money???????????:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall

They deducted 300$ from my prize, and I'm totally pissed off. I'm thinking about counter-attack their offices...

Back