• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

2009 Rotman International Trading Competition

Hi Quant FS'ers

I'd like to bring your attention to an event that some of you may be interested in attending, the 2009 Rotman International Trading Competition.

The event will be held in Toronto, Canada on February 19th-21st, 2009. It's a 2.5 day event where teams of 4 students representing each of their schools will trade in 5 different mock-trading cases involving equities, fixed income and commodities.

With over $15,000 in prizes and 40 top schools from around the World participating, the event is a great opportunity to showcase your talent. Representatives from our sponsors: BP's Houston & Calgary energy trading desks, CIBC's algorithmic/portfolio trading desk, and the CFA institute will be there actively recruiting top talent.

The competition runs on the Rotman Interative Trader platform that's used at over 20 universities around the world, including Baruch. The cases are custom designed each year to challenge the participants in different market sectors. For more information, please visit our website at : Rotman Financial Research & Trading Lab

If you're interested in forming a team, please contact myself: financelab@rotman.utoronto.ca or the event coordinator, Laura McDiarmid at: RITC@rotman.utoronto.ca

Cheers,

Kevin Mak, CFA
Manager, Financial Research and Trading Lab
University of Toronto

Just wondering - who can participate? Is it solely for MFE or MBA? Can undergrads participate?

Thanks!

I live about 40 minutes from Rotman.

I heard about RITC a while ago and was interested in participating, but was under the impression it was for graduate students.

I'm assuming some of you have participated in past years?? What was your experience like?

Cool - thanks.

Looks like the composition of the participants is mostly made up of MBAs.

Is there a big quant requirement in this competition? Or is it just mainly having general knowledge and making good decisions based on it?

Isn't that part of being a quant? Making good decisions based on your knowledge?

I mean't literal sense. Like, would there be programming, modeling, calculations involved. Would the cases given, require significant quantitative skills?

There is info available on the competition website. Read the cases and judge for yourself the level of quantitative analysis needed.

I mean't literal sense. Like, would there be programming, modeling, calculations involved. Would the cases given, require significant quantitative skills?

I heard everyone just sat around having tea and crumpets.

Back