• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

2010 IAFE Annual Conference - June 18th

Joy Pathak

Swaptionz
The International Association of Financial Engineers presents
-•-
The 2010 IAFE Annual Conference

So I am going to the International Association of Financial Engineering conference. It is on June 18th from 8:00am to 5:00pm in New York.

John Hull, Andrew Lo, Richard Roll, are some of the speakers.

I was hoping more of the incoming students might be interested in going so we can go in a large group? I don't think there are any discounts for large groups but it would be nice to go as a class representing Baruch MFE.

It is free for IAFE members and the membership for students is $25. It is totally worth it as they have a huge career fair sometime in the year and we will need membership for that too probably.

IAFE Membership
Students $25
Academics $100
Practitioners $200

Myself, and a few incoming students have already planned to go, but I was hoping other incoming students might be interested too. It is a great event, and I am sure we will get to learn a lot. I am sure many alumni will be there too?

32 Old Slip
New York City

Post here if you plan on going!

Good idea Joy. The agenda is promising.
I will see if I can take one day from work to go to a different GS building :)

Looks interesting, I would definitley like to attend. Will try to get a day off from work.

Thank you for the post, Joy. I had sent an email to our Baruch MFE students encouraging them to go.

Just wanted to remind everyone, the conference is this Friday! Register, if you haven't yet!

Be sure to register! The event is tomorrow ! Quant Network is Sponsoring. Come by the table and grab some goodies too.

There is a good group of us going ! Post any questions here.

So we are all meeting up at the conference alright. Couple of us are coming from midtown, so we will be arriving together.

Call me or something once you get there so we can all meet up.

We are arriving at 8:00am.

Amazing day today at the conference. Where do I begin? Many great presentations by important people in the industry such as "What To Do About Too Bog To Fail" by Mark Flannery, "Warning: Physics Envy Can Be Hazardous to Your Wealth!" by Andrew Lo, "Credit Ratings and Securitization" by John Hull, "The Possible Misdiagnosis of a Crisis" by Richard Roll (Financial Engineer of the Year, 2010) and so much more. I also had the chance to meet and interact with some great practitioners such as Petter Kolm, director of the Courant math in finance program. The Baruch MFE new students: Amanda, David, William and Joy as well as current ones: Stefan and Vladimir, made the day even better.

We are off to a great summer.... More to come starting with tomorrow's NYU Conference.

Thanx to Quantnet for sponsoring and promoting these events. Keep up the good work!

Details and photos will soon be posted.

I'd like to thank Joy, William, Amanda and other Quantnet.com members who have helped us with our table at the IAFE conference.
This is our first sponsorship of a major Financial Engineering event and it is not possible without our members' help.

All of our promotional items are gone so they have been a big hit with the conference attendants. John Hull took a picture at our table.

We believe that many people have come to know about Quant Network today and it will lead to an increasing awareness of the good work we do here to help future financial engineers to be better informed about their education and career choice.

we will post picture here, on our facebook page.

If you came to the event today and have pictures/stories to share with us, we would love to see/hear it.

We are off to a great summer.... More to come starting with tomorrow's NYU Conference.

Thanx to Quantnet for sponsoring and promoting these events. Keep up the good work!

Details and photos will soon be posted.

lol @ your avatar.

Yeah. NYU Conference should be fun today. Thanks to QuantNet for the student discounts on that!!

The conference brochure with our logo as one of four sponsors.

36481_119975771379373_110705038973113_111484_4852077_n.jpg

Joy is sitting behind our table at the 2010 IAFE Annual Conference. We ordered 150 notepads and pens to give out to conference attendants. All were gone.

36481_119975754712708_110705038973113_111482_2536380_n.jpg

Famous finance author John Hull took a picture in front of our table with Quant Network members.

36481_119975764712707_110705038973113_111483_6691102_n.jpg

2009 IAFE Financial Engineer of the Year, Richard Roll, posed with Quant Network members.

36481_119975778046039_110705038973113_111485_7533737_n.jpg

Back