• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

2011-2012 Quantnet Ranking of Financial Engineering (MFE) Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantNet

Staff member
NEW YORK, September 19th, 2011 – Quantnet surveyed program administrators, hiring managers to get the information used in the 2011 ranking of Financial Engineering (MFE) programs. The 2011-2012 Quantnet ranking is the most comprehensive ranking to date of master programs in Financial Engineering, Mathematical Finance in North America.

Last edited by a moderator:
in before the flames start :)

edit: for what it's worth, i mostly agree with the top seven (i.e. including the tie for sixth), although not necessarily in the order posted, with one exception. those are what i, personally, would consider the tier one schools.

andy, will you also be releasing the rubric so you can see what scores each school received in each category?

Berkeley 6th.... and Columbia retains its 3rd position..This ranking is certainly more reflective and stable than any other.

The Berkeley guys would not be very pleased about Baruch being ranked higher ;). I am pretty sure it would unleash a new round of invectives. The coming days are gonna be very spicy and interesting on this thread.:D

I would also like to see the raw scores for each school

Andy

Would we get to see details of the data you have received from the respective schools, specially the placement and selectivity statistics.?

The Berkeley guys would not be very pleased about Baruch being ranked higher ;). I am pretty sure it would unleash a new round of invectives. The coming days are gonna be very spicy and interesting on this thread.:D
i doubt it..The Berkeley guys don have time to linger on quantnet rem? ;)

hi, believe BU msmf is 1.5years?
"The 17-month Master of Science in Mathematical Finance (MSMF) program focuses on the crux of mathematical concepts that led to the development of the Black-Scholes option pricing method and have grown recently into a universal tool for creating effective investment strategies and risk-analysis."

tuition would be 1.5x that i suppose..

thanks for the list though Andy, great job

hi, believe BU msmf is 1.5years?
"The 17-month Master of Science in Mathematical Finance (MSMF) program focuses on the crux of mathematical concepts that led to the development of the Black-Scholes option pricing method and have grown recently into a universal tool for creating effective investment strategies and risk-analysis."

tuition would be 1.5x that i suppose..

thanks for the list though Andy, great job
yep BU is 1.5 years..I can confirm..had applied to BU

Great Ranking from the Quantnet Group...Any reason for restricting the ranking to 22 schools?? I am sure there will be many more universities offering these degrees!

yeah,raw scores would help.
Always had very high regards for Haas MFE (thought it would move up this time). I thought Princeton only selected applicants from planets like Krypton and Eternia, still it is number 2. :p

Having different buckets for universities accepting people with no experience would be really helpful. Of course some universities accept only/mainly people with experience and of course after the program their starting salaries would be higher. But still I assume it would be a lot more work to do that ;) And scores would really help plus they might help notice if there are some mistakes like the length of BU program for example. Still kudos for your work Andy Nguyen

Having different buckets for universities accepting people with no experience would be really helpful. Of course some universities accept only/mainly people with experience and of course after the program their starting salaries would be higher. But still I assume it would be a lot more work to do that ;) And scores would really help plus they might help notice if there are some mistakes like the length of BU program for example. Still kudos for your work Andy Nguyen

This would be a bit difficult especially if some program don't release their data.

This would be a bit difficult especially if some program don't release their data.
This is why people are not doing rankings all the time. But when you decide to do one you try to do it in the optimal way. Still I appreciate people's efforts as it can be seen from my last sentence in the previous post ;)

Toronto moving on up haha, good work on the ranking, let the debates begin! Interesting to see UCLA jump so high not surprised though.

Also tuition at Toronto is $40k this year, with a $17k rebate for finding an internship

there are a great deal of schools that were left out of that list and it seems inaccurate to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back