• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

2023 QuantNet Rankings of Financial Engineering (MFE) Programs

Not really doubting the $199,000 total - I'd be a huge seller of the 119k/80k breakdown though especially as I personally know a good chunk of the Princeton graduating class. I think the error is also just compounded in approximating the sign on bonus by using one number from one source and another number from another source
The salary numbers on risk.net are apparently adjusted for purchasing power which could be where my calculations went wrong

This actually makes less sense. There is no way that Princeton, NJ was discounted at a higher rate than NYC, NY.
They would adjust for where the graduates get jobs, not where they graduate from. I think its more likely that the risk.net salary data isn't completely accurate though

Also, if Risk.net and QN got the same data then Baruch's sing-on bonus was under 20k. I don't really believe that either. Clearly, there are discrepancies, but I'm not willing to say that any side was malicious with it.

They would adjust for where the graduates get jobs, not where they graduate from. I think its more likely that the risk.net salary data isn't completely accurate though
Still doesn't add, up. I know the large majority of grads from Baruch stay in NYC, there isn't space in that spread for Princeton's grads to lower their average enough in comparison if all else was equal. Especially if QN is more accurate and they were really locking in 30k more than Baruch first years.

Still doesn't add, up. I know the large majority of grads from Baruch stay in NYC, there isn't space in that spread for Princeton's grads to lower their average enough in comparison if all else was equal. Especially if QN is more accurate and they were really locking in 30k more than Baruch first years.
I agree with you here, that's why I'm thinking the data isn't accurate. I don't want to point fingers as to where the inaccuracies are granted how little I know of the industry

Update: Berkely has the exact same numbers listed on Risk.net and their website. For some reason they seem to have under-reported their numbers to QN (compared to what they have elsewhere) by about 6.5k assuming they reported their average earnings and not the median which is what they did for Risk.net. If you look at the median it's pretty dang accurate.

But points to transparency and accurate reporting, nonetheless.

May I ask where you got this info from? Doesn't seem too accurate, "forced to work at startups" is based on the assumption that the students are not interested in the role. Was this firsthand information from current students or LinkedIn searches?
Also, Linda being gone is not so detrimental to the program. Yes, she was the reason the program is as good as it is now, but she's left a very good foundation for others to carry forward. The current team is doing an excellent job of matching students' interests to their jobs.
By no means is the program perfect. There are shortcomings, but your statement discredits the work of the new career placement team that's been working extremely hard.
This is Linda Kreitzman here. I stumbled upon this accidentally as I never read comments but was told by a current student about what was published. Who said Linda is gone? I have remained at the Haas School and in the MFE as a lecturer and help my fellow colleagues with placement- grateful to work alongside the executive director and the staff. Our curriculum is unparalleled - the best in the nation. I continue with my colleagues with whom i work extremely well on maintaining the quality of this program which will never fade. The lies about "students working in startups" - that is bizarre. Unless you refer to the fact that I actually do work as an advisor to our accelerator and incubator at UCB, and we are top notch in the nation. We do not typically place our students as fast as other program maybe because our students are demanding- they do not accept the first offer, they wait until they nail down what they really want. And we help them and are fine with that. So Hi from Linda who is still alive and well. And in the MFE program! Want advice on your career and whether you should do the MFE at Berkeley? Email me! I do have an email address with haas on it!

Why Rensselaer was excluded from the 2023 ranking. Does someone know the job prospects of this school at graduation or 3 months after graduation

Why Rensselaer was excluded from the 2023 ranking. Does someone know the job prospects of this school at graduation or 3 months after graduation
They either didn't respond, didn't have enough participants or the program, or just weren't asked.

As far as prospects go, I'd take a look at the bottom of the 2023 rankings and call it a day. Maybe adjust lower given the program might not have any students, I dunno.

Back