• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE 2012 Columbia MFE admission thread

Got another phone call yesterday afternoon, asking in very specific terms about my level of interest, e.g. where are you gonna live in NYC?
Wow u r definitely admitted! congrats!
Did u ask them when the official results will be sent out?

I'm hoping we start to hear on Monday... my interview was over a week ago.

You think they will still send out any interviews tomorrow, or they made their final decisions? And did they send any transfer to MSOR already?

You think they will still send out any interviews tomorrow, or they made their final decisions? And did they send any transfer to MSOR already?
It is very unlikely that they will send out more invitations. Let's just cross our fingers.....

I looked through previous years information on tracker. It seems that most FE interviews were sent out in two weeks and it was unlikely to be admitted without interviews. However, most of rejections were redirected to MSOR. MSOR is still a good choice for quants ,isn't it?

I looked through previous years information on tracker. It seems that most FE interviews were sent out in two weeks and it was unlikely to be admitted without interviews. However, most of rejections were redirected to MSOR. MSOR is still a good choice for quants ,isn't it?

glad to see that, but don't think they can admit that many students in MSOR

glad to see that, but don't think they can admit that many students in MSOR
I just counted that about 70 students are enrolling in MSFE, while near 210 students are enrolling in MSOR. So it's not surprising that they admit lots of students in MSOR.

Here is some information for that Chinese student (got from http://www.1point3acres.com/bbs/thread-24760-1-1.html )

Already admitted by Umich. Interviewed by Columbia on Feb 21.
Top 15 University in China. Major: applied mathematics GPA 3.94/4.00
TOEFL 109, GRE Q800+V560+AW4.0
Two internships. One simple research. No paper.

Hope these could help those who cannot read Chinese....:)

That's interesting. It's hard to believe that the admission office contacts students during weekends..
The applicant has been admitted by Michigan MFE so he/she asked the interviewer if the admission office could send out the result earlier. Guess that worked.

if i haven't gotten any interview invitation from columbia, does it mean that i am already rejected? :(

Back