• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE 2012 Columbia MFE admission thread

So the results will come out between 27 and 29, if we assume that Friday is still an interview day?

So the results will come out between 27 and 29, if we assume that Friday is still an interview day?
Yes, they messed up the email a little so I did not receive the email on Monday. After sending them email and calling them, I got the invitation today. Friday will be an interview day as well

Yes, they messed up the email a little so I did not receive the email on Monday. After sending them email and calling them, I got the invitation today. Friday will be an interview day as well
They gave you an interview invitation after you called?

They seem to be super busy these days. I received an email sent in error on Monday. So guys who received email last week, didn't make a call, but haven't received email this week had better call Adina.

Are interviews required for admission, or is it like Cornell where only certain people (international students) get interviewed? In other words, has anyone been interviewed who isn't an international student?

They gave you an interview invitation after you called?
I got the interview invitation last Friday, but no time to call . They told me on Friday that they would sent me other timeslots by this Monday. But I did not receive anything on Monday, so I called. Adina said they should have send out all the invitations already, and she would help me check what was going on. At 5 pm, I received the email with 5 different numbers to call on Friday.

Are interviews required for admission, or is it like Cornell where only certain people (international students) get interviewed? In other words, has anyone been interviewed who isn't an international student?
From last year's information on tracker, it seemed that all admissions were given to those who had interviews except one who I guess was a Columbia's undergrad. I haven't gotten the interview yet. I hope I am wrong on this.

I got the interview invitation last Friday, but no time to call . They told me on Friday that they would sent me other timeslots by this Monday. But I did not receive anything on Monday, so I called. Adina said they should have send out all the invitations already, and she would help me check what was going on. At 5 pm, I received the email with 5 different numbers to call on Friday.

So you are going to call on Feb 24? Seems we need to wait some more time for them to make final decisions.

They seem to be super busy these days. I received an email sent in error on Monday. So guys who received email last week but haven't this week had better call Adina.
I am confused. What error? I had an interview last Friday. Am I supposed to receive an email this week??

I am confused. What error? I had an interview last Friday. Am I supposed to receive an email this week??
Some people had the interview still got the email this Monday, some people( like me) did not have the interview on Friday received nothing

So if i didnt get an interview invitation and i call them, will they give me one, or does that mean i am rejected.

I just called and she said they had not, why? Does anybody else have the same information?

I just called and she said they had not, why? Does any body else have the same information?
I think it means that all invitations were sent to people who got an invitation last Friday. Not ALL invitations to ALL applicants.

Looks like it's going to be another stacked class. I have no doubt this year's class will beat last year's record in size. They really need to cut down on admissions at Columbia.

It is almost official that all those who haven't got invitations till now are rejected as I got a reply from Adina and she said that it is likely that all those not selected might be asked for MSOR if their profile is interesting

It is almost official that all those who haven't got invitations till now are rejected as I got a reply from Adina and she said that it is likely that all those not selected might be asked for MSOR if their profile is interesting
Does that mean Interview=admission again this year?

Back