• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

2019 MFE admission roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admits: Columbia MFE, NYU Tandon MFE, University of Washington CFRM, Michigan QFRM, Johns Hopkins, Boston University, Illinois Inst. of Tech., Ohio State,
Rejects: --
Pending: U Chicago
Joining: Columbia

Admits: LSE FinMath, Imperial RMFE, UCLA MFE, UCB MFE
Rejects: Oxford MCFin
Pending: NYU Tandon MFE, Columbia MFE
Joining: UCB MFE

Last edited:
Admits: CMU MSCF, NYU DS
Rejects: Harvard DS, Stanford Stats
Waitlist: UCB MFE
Pending: Columbia DS, Cornell Stats
Joining: likely CMU? Still debating, need some advice here...

Probably the one who applied the least number of MFE programs lol

Updates: Columbia DS rej, Cornell Stats admit
Joining: CMU MSCF (NYC)~

Last edited:
Admits: UChicago MSFM
Rejects: -
Pending: Berkeley MFE, Georgia Tech QCFM, LSE FinMath
Joining: Unsure

I am very new to the area of finance as I am coming from an electrical engineering background at Oxford. In the hypothetical realm that I get accepted from all my applications, would people give advice at which school I should choose to attend?

Admits: CMU MSCF with 57k scholarship, Cornell MFE with 10k scholarship + 20k Knight scholarship, NYU with 13k scholarship, MIT MFin with 20k, Oxford MFE, BU MSCF with 12k scholarship, UCLA MFE
Rejects: Princeton MFin, UC Berkeley MFE (hold), Baruch MFE, Harvard Data Science
Pending: Columbia MFE
Joining: Haven't decided, choosing between CMU and MIT. Any input?

Edit: Don't want to hijack Andy's thread so I started a new one

Last edited:
Admits: CMU MSCF with 57k scholarship, Cornell MFE with 10k scholarship + 20k Knight scholarship, NYU with 13k scholarship, MIT MFin with 20k, Oxford MFE, BU MSCF with 12k scholarship, UCLA MFE
Rejects: Princeton MFin, UC Berkeley MFE (hold), Baruch MFE, Harvard Data Science

Id take the brand name over the QuantNet rankings, but that's just me.
Ultimately, its highly dependent on your future career aspirations and weighing them accordingly.
Cheers and congrats on the acceptances

Cmu much better track record and it’ll be cheaper to.

Both great programs. MIT - early career program, heavy finance / corporate accounting, assumes you have strong math. CMU - more intense quant math / programming training, better reputation on the street. MIT has better brand recognition globally.

Admits: Princeton MFin, CMU Pittsburgh MSCF, NYU Courant MathFin, MIT MFin (12 month)
Rejects: Stanford ICME MCF
Pending: Columbia MFE, Chicago MSFM
Joining: Princeton MFin.

Would really love to get in touch with other Princeton admits.

Last edited:
I made a very long search at first according to my needs, I was looking for a high math reputation field ending to a risk management as a minor.
Admits: University of Minnesota MFM
Joining: UMN, MFM (with FQF at first for one year)

Any inputs between the Chicago MSFM and Berkeley MFE programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back