• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

2020 MFE admission roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admits: Imperial RMFE, UCL CF, Bocconi Mafinrisk, Erasmus Economics and Finance
Rejects: ETH QF
Pending: none
Joining: Imperial RMFE

Admits: Columbia MFE, Cornell MFE 5k Fellowship, MIT MFin (18 month), CMU MSCF
Rejects: Stanford MCF, Princeton MFin
Joining: MIT MFin ( a really hard choice:( )
May I ask for your profile?

Can anyone please help me
I have admits from Rutgers MQF and Stevens MFE. which one is better and why? Please i need an urgent answer as i have deadline in Feb.

Admits: UCLA, Uchicago, Rutgers MQF, Stevens MFE (20k Scholarship), RPI (22k Scholarship), Simon Rochester (30 % scholarship)
Rejects: MIT Sloan, CMU, Columbia, NYU-Tandon
Pending: none
Joining: Uchicago

Undecided on deferring or continuing this year. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, wondering which you would have picked between Rutgers MQF or Stevens MFE?

Admits: CMU MSCF with 21K scholarship, UCB MFE, Cornell MFE, NYU Tandon MFE with 16K scholarship, Georgia Tech QCF, Fordham MSQF with 25K scholarship
Rejects: Baruch MFE, Columbia MSFE
Joining: CMU MSCF (Pittsburgh)
Hi, wondering why you chose to apply to Fordham over Rutgers MQF and Stevens MFE? I've applied to all 3 and trying to decide :)

Admits: Cornell MFE, CMU MSCF, BU MSMF 30k scholarship, Fordham QCF 30k scholarship, RPI QFRA 21.5k scholarship
Rejects: Baruch MFE, NYU MFE
Pending: Columbia MFE
Joining: CMU MSCF
Hi, wondering why you chose to apply to Fordham and not to Rutgers MQF and Stevens MFE? I've applied to all 3 and trying to decide :)

Admits: Baruch MFE, Rutgers MQF, USC MFE
Rejects: Cornell MFE, NYU MFE
Pending: Chicago MSFM, Boston MF, Gatech QCF
Joining: Baruch MFE
Hi, wondering why you chose to apply to Rutgers MQF and not to Fordham or Stevens MFE? I've applied to all 3 and trying to decide!

Can anyone please help me
I have admits from Rutgers MQF and Stevens MFE. which one is better and why? Please i need an urgent answer as i have deadline in Feb.
Curious which one did you decide on and why?? I'm in the same boat!

Curious which one did you decide on and why?? I'm in the same boat!

regarding Rutgers vs Stevens , I'll suggest you to have a look at other options if possible.
Rutgers curriculum for MQF is less quantitative and more on Business class. its more of MBA type quant where there is more focus on business side things. You wont get the quant experience.

Stevens on the hand , you will get quant experience in the sense that its more mathematical. But the only downside is that is difficult or next to impossible to get job as there are better schools in that area ( eg NYU, Columbia, Cornell etc). So fin. eng. graduates of Stevens do not get jobs easily.

Rutgers as a university is better than Stevens. So its your choice what you want

Last edited:
regarding Rutgers vs Stevens , I'll suggest you to have a look at other options if possible.
Rutgers curriculum for MQF is less quantitative and more on Business class. its more of MBA type quant where there is more focus on business side things. You wont get the quant experience.

Stevens on the hand , you will get quant experience in the sense that its more mathematical. But the only downside is that is difficult or next to impossible to get job as there are better schools in that area ( eg NYU, Columbia, Cornell etc). So fin. eng. graduates of Stevens do not get jobs easily.

Rutgers as a university is better than Stevens. So its your choice what you want
Thank you! Which one did you decide on? Or did you decide on neither and try for another one? Also, what do you think about Fordham MSQF? I also applied to that one...waiting to hear back from them...

non
Thank you! Which one did you decide on? Or did you decide on neither and try for another one? Also, what do you think about Fordham MSQF? I also applied to that one...waiting to hear back from them...

Last edited:
Got it....are you applying to any other programs? Do you think Fordham is any better than Rutgers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back