• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

A Goldman Sachs programmer was found guilty

yes... :) ..There was another similar case of an Indian Soc Gen trader.... Hope that case also meets a similar end.

Yes... stealing code is never ok... But Stealing is a subjective term and open for interpretation

Haha, darth seems to be on a dangerous path.
lol... No dude ... People who know me say that I am the most ethical person they have ever met.
( Also I have always scored high in all levels of CFA ethics exam :P)
Law should take its own course and no company should be bullying an employee with the clout they wield.

well I agree with you... that's why that emoticon after the line :)

See.... the point is why would you take a 100 page print out of a code and risk prison when you can do that by carrying the code in ur brain if you really have malicious intentions. When I was 14 years old , I did't understand even the logic behind any code but I could score 95% in my computer exams , I used to memorize each and every possible code that was in syllabus. Why can't a 29 years old person understand the logic of the code and type it himself than taking print outs if he had any spiteful intentions.

When I was 14 years old , I did't understand even the logic behind any code but I could score 95% in my computer exams , I used to memorize each and every possible code that was in syllabus.

Oh dear.
When does the creative element enter?

" I am afraid you would have difficulties in one of my interviews."
Thanks for the concern.But after reading my confession why would you even want to interview me :P

I am 27 and don't memorize codes now :)

" I am afraid you would have difficulties in one of my interviews."
Thanks for the concern.But after reading my confession why would you even want to interview me :p

I am 27 and don't memorize codes now :)

There is hope:) There is always hope. Never give up:D

There is hope:) There is always hope. Never give up:D

I would narrate another anecdote : I currently trade crude oil for a very large UK based prop firm. When I joined the firm around 5 years back , the first lesson they fed in my brain was we always exchange fear and hope. Say when you buy a stock and price goes down , you start hoping that it will come up and when the price goes up you fear that it might come down and you might loose your profits , in effect you don't let your profits realize their full potential. This is exactly the reason why an amateur would make a loss in markets over long-term even though there are just two outcomes for the market ( Go up and come down ) and mathematically your chances of being correct are 50% , so you should remain break even over a long-term assuming no TC and sufficient capital. But all of us know people are most likely to incur losses if they don't have an edge in markets as they mix hope and fear .

Moral of the story :You should hope when you fear and fear when you hope.

Reason for narrating the story : Instead of hoping to interview with you I would actually fear interviewing with you :p

Back