• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE Advice - ETH Zurich, Quant Finance vs Top US Schools

hello everyone,

i am looking for input to make my decision easier between ETH Zurich and one of the top programs in the US. The program in the US has a good name, good placement and strong curriculum - all that anyone wants from a financial engineering program.

the program in zurich has a couple of pluses as well - good professors and virtually no tuition. does anyone know how this program fares in terms of general career prospects (quant jobs in ibanks, hedge funds, etc)?
would appreciate any info

thanks

which US program are you talking about?

That's mostly depends on where you want to live after graduation - US or Switzerland.

i got an offer from mfe@ucb, and it is my top choice. trouble is, i don't know too much about the zurich program, i could only get some career placement info, but not a lot.
thanks for any feedback Alain

When did u get reply from ETH Zurich. I had also applied there, and they told me that i will get to know about their decision in March End, but haven't received it yet.

@bakait : i heard from them yesterday via email, which surprised me as previously they told me they would release their decisions in mid april

@Andy: thanks for the link, the reviews are really helpful.

@connor, const451: location is not a primary issue for me. i could settle for europe or usa. but suppose i'd like to end up in london. would choosing eth over ucb be beneficial in terms of alumni network and getting interviews?

Back