• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Algo Trading interview?

Hey guys I have a interview with a big firm in their algo trading(etf) department. It's one of these firms.. (Getco, Knight, Citadel,Ren Tech).

It's for a fulltime position. I don't really know what the proper description is. Just curious if any people here in algo trading can comment or certain things I should definitely know for an algo trading interview?

I have done some algo trading at a very small hedge fund, but very minimal. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

What are the benchmarks and their relative merits?
What are the differences between TC estimation and measurement?
Name 3 strategy adaptation tactics and their a priori value added.
What are the hidden costs of limit orders and how do you manage them?

I "Stole" these from Willmot forum since I'm not very aware of algo trading interview.

how does one get an account on wilmott? I signed up for one a while ago and never heard back.

I also experienced some weirdness on the registration page. After registering I didn't get the permission to log in for quite a long time. Then also on the "icon upload" box I couldn't remove the icon and use the default one since the custom one was more than 5kb-s. So I had to reset all the fields and fill them again. Still waiting for confirmation. :S

I used my Baruch email and never got anything back from them

I did not have any problems registering with Wilmott, I used my university email. It took a day for them to get back.

Back