• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

anybody know NYU-Poly's program..?

Is there anybody have any insider info about this program? I got in and have to response by the end of March. I am trying to search for more info about it but failed... How's Poly's reputation in NY's financial industry, and how much I could rely on it's reputation as its affiliated to NYU..

Anybody have any ideas about its class porfile, and placement records, especially for int'l students?

thanks..

take it. I mean, if you are willing to pay the application fee without any prior knowledge of how the program fares and whether you actually want to go there, what's a few more thousand dollars just to find out now? It'll be an ADVENTURE :cool:

take it. I mean, if you are willing to pay the application fee without any prior knowledge of how the program fares and whether you actually want to go there, what's a few more thousand dollars just to find out now? It'll be an ADVENTURE :cool:
com'on... i need more serious suggestions....

All I have heard is good. It is ranked on the Quant Net ranking list, where I think it is a good thing just to have made the list.

I went to visit Poly in January and I have to say, it looks really good. I meat with one of the professors and she convinced me that the program was top notch.

The confirmation fee is only 300 USD so I think you should just pay it to give you some extra time to think.

Your graduation diploma will have the NYU stamp, so when you will in the future talk about where you graduated from, it will be NYU, not Poly. (Just like people from the mathematics department there don't talk about having graduated from Courant, they graduated from NYU).

Even I would like to read views on NYU POLY program. Especially from Internatinal Applicant viewpoint.

"It'll be an ADVENTURE" : That is vague....can you elaborte a bit more...

If we have enough people interested in the Poly program, I can set up "Ask Me Anything" thread and get someone running the Poly program to answer any question you can throw at them.
We need a good number of people asking questions for this to happen.
You need to ask tough and direct questions. Anything is fair game (placement record, type of jobs, career services they offer). In return, they will agree to answer any and every question.

I signed up on QN for this thread although I have been referring to it for the past four months or so. There is a dearth of information regarding this program so yes I'm in too.

I am in.
And aalso..can't we have reviews writen by alumni of this program like we have for other courses in 2011 ranking list?

I am in!
I am sure that many people accepted by this program are anxious about the answers to make their choices. Thank you Andy!

Is there anybody have any insider info about this program? I got in and have to response by the end of March. I am trying to search for more info about it but failed... How's Poly's reputation in NY's financial industry, and how much I could rely on it's reputation as its affiliated to NYU..

Anybody have any ideas about its class porfile, and placement records, especially for int'l students?

thanks..
one of my friend is studying mfe currently , and he is really struggling to get internship offer, so rest u can figure it out.

maxszx, rabit, Oxer, Yeesun, wmughost

Guys, I have been talking to a Prof in the FRE program about the idea for AMA thread. He basically told me that because of their large size, they can't and do not track employment stats and stuff like that.
He also said that if the questions are about admission stuff, it should be on the website and their Grad Admission are better people to answer.

So it comes down to what kind of information you guys really want to find out about NYU-Poly program? If it's about job/internship/placement, it's clear that you won't get any detailed stats.

Let me know the kind of info that you are looking for and if I can find someone who can answer that for you.

I'd be interested to hear about the reception of their RM program track in the NY finance world

Back