• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MSMF Anyone still waiting for NYU MSMF?

Did they send you emails saying that you have missing files? The document checking system is so confusing and I didn't know whether I missed any documents. I only completed the application online and also the recommendation letters are sent online.
Yeah, I got the email saying I m missing files. Don't worry, they would have emailed you if anything was missing. Good luck.

@siilypig
That's not entirely true. NYU MSFM does not have a rolling admission process so your chance does not depend on when you applied. As long as you have completed it before deadline, it's fair game.
They only started evaluation in Jan/Feb so if you get dinged, your profile is to blame.

Andy,
Thanks for sharing the information.

I'm a little bit confused. So you are saying the later they evaluated your profile, the later they would send you admission? I sent my application in Jan and got an notification asking me to email some missing files. But I have got no decision from NYU today. Does that mean my application got declined?

I'm a little bit confused. So you are saying the later they evaluated your profile, the later they would send you admission? I sent my application in Jan and got an notification asking me to email some missing files. But I have got no decision from NYU today. Does that mean my application got declined?
Here is how it works.
The applications are received and handled by NYU Graduate School of Art and Science (GSAS), not by the MSFM program. When your file is missing something, the GSAS admission people will communicate with you. If in doubt, get some confirmation from Admission people that your file is complete. I know people who didn't check and got their file in limbo.

When a file is complete, it will be forwarded to the program to evaluate. The program started evaluation in Jan so by today, it's basically done with the bulk of the applications.
I do not know how many admit emails they have sent today but I'm not surprised if more people will get them next week.

If you look at the Tracker, majority of Rejects are in late April. Things are a bit faster this year so most people should hear from them via email by then. If you are a PT applicant, you will have a long wait.

if they are done with the bulk of the evaluation, why dont they just send all the admits at once?

Just Curious.. Do they conduct interviews for the admission? I have applied in feb and haven't heard back from them. Also, there is no place/site where we can check the status which seems a little weird here.

it is called SMTS. Stands for "Supporting materials tracking system". You can check whether your test scores & transcripts have been received.

I received this today. I guess I will have to wait more.

"Your application is complete and was sent to the Admissions Committee."

I did not receive a mail telling my applications has been sent to Applications committee. Hey @Paul and Alexander had you guys received application id numbers earlier.

Back