• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Asking Recommendation from a new employer/team

Long time lurker here. I absolutely love this community and it has helped me in preparing for my upcoming applications for Fall 2021.
I don't know if this question has already been asked or not but I thought it was important and would love some feedback from you guys!

So , a little background, I am currently a Software Engineer at Citicorp - joined straight from college - and they have this system of a two year rotation process for freshers that lets us be a part of two teams in two years. For my first year I did development job for an ETF application, nothing extremely cerebral in the technical coding/software engineering point of view but I gained a lot of business knowledge which I loved.

In my second rotation, which I started a few weeks back, I got a chance to interview and join their Options Market Making Team which could be considered a little more relevant while applying to MFE programs. The work involves (will involve soon) a lot of core C++ and Analytics that would provide necessary background information and bolster my application. However, since I will be applying for Fall 2021 and I plan to apply to the earlier round of programs, I was wondering if a recommendation letter from a manager of this team after 2-3 months of work would be a good idea. I also want to know if it would be a good idea to mention this on my resume but then again , I probably would need some proof to back up my claims.

Would love some help regarding the same!

Back