• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

B.A. Math of Finance concentration at Baruch

CGiuliano

Lowly Undergrad
How well will this program prepare me for finEng? Note that I will also be a finance minor.

Yes thats the one I'm in... Will I be prepared for MFE directly after graduation?

Note: I will graduate with a minor in finance and prob. 5 courses in CS.
Note2: No work experience.. I should prob. start looking now huh?

I am also very interested in this. Since the Baruch MFE is reputable, does this prestige sort of carry on to the undergrad math with a finance concentration program when applying to a MFE program.

I am pursuing a BA in applied math at CCNY and maybe a double major in economics as well. I was thinking of transferring to Baruch for this very reason. Is this wise? Im not far into the major, I just finished the calculus sequence.

Just a follow-up. I talked to the people in the math department at Baruch (Undergrad). The impression I received was that outside of the 5 Math of Finance concentration courses, a lot of the upper level Math courses are not offered frequently, e.g. PDE, Advanced Calculus, Numerical Analysis. It's predominantly an Arts school.

So if you want to enhance the upper-year math courses it may be difficult, and possibly only offered one semester per year, if that.

That being said, the program as offered is probably fine, the question really becomes: Is it enough to qualify for MFE? Yes, I'm sure it has already been done by good candidates.

Personally I chose CCNY Grove Engineering due to course availability and it's reputation for Math and Computer Science.

Back