• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

baruch application

Hi,
I was wondering if you accept late applications or part time applications. I spoke to someone but it did not become clear

Who did you talk to? Did you email Dan directly or the Barch MFE email? I didn't submit a single letter of recommendation from my professor's because I was out of school for quite sometime. I'm sure there are plenty of people like me here. AFAIK, anybody can submit the recommendation letters online for you. Maybe, I'm mistaken.

I really don't know who you spoke with but it will be interesting to find out. BTW, I think the deadline is not over yet so you can still apply if you want. You should email Dan and/or the Baruch MFE email (it's somewhere in the site). I'm sure your opinion will change on the spot.

I haven't had any letters from my professors either. It's not a PhD program and the main goal of these letters is to learn a little bit more extra information about you. Therefore you can as you friends, co-workers from the past, people who you took classes with. I don't see why do you make such a huge problem of this.

Sam, which program did you apply to? Maybe we are talking about different programs.

There is no requirement that any one of the letters should come from people in academia. Also, if people submit recommendations directly to the admissions office, they are placed in your file. In other words, recommendations do not have to be submitted solely online.

It is unfortunate that there was a misunderstanding with the people administering the applications.

That said, I know they are doing a great job, almost perfect. Trying to resolve this differently, by contacting me, or the administrative assistant would have been more constructive than berating the staff and the program. I think the likelihood of the bigger loss being yours rather than the program's was somewhat higher by default. And then I read your post.

Not necessarily related to your post, but showing our respect and commitment to all applicants to the Baruch MFE Program:

The application deadline was April 15. All admission decisions were announced to the applicants by May 15. Everyone who was denied was invited to either a phone conversation or an in person meeting with the Director of the Baruch MFE Program on May 19.

With all due respect I would like to ask whether the application status has been updated.Its still showing 'not yet reviewed'.From professor Dan's post below I can conclude that i was denied.But still I didnt get any email regarding my admission decision.

Back