• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE Baruch MFE Questions...

Joy Pathak

Swaptionz
Hey guys... A few of you have got admission at Baruch MFE and I am sure you have questions about the program. Please feel free to post ANY question you have here, and myself or current students/alumni will more than love to answer your questions. I have got messages from most of the admits I see, and many of the questions are redundant. I have no problem talking to you through private messaging and answering your questions but some things that are redundant can be answered here for all.

As we are a very transparent program, you can find most of the information about employment on the Baruch MFE website.

I have a question but I think only prof. Stefanica will be able to help,

I'm looking at the "Schedule of Classes, Class of 2011" that I received with the admission email and I can't find the Algo Trading course. I think prof. Stefanica once said that it would be offered every spring semester, has it changed?

Thanks.

At present it is called MTH 9867 - Time Series Analysis and Algorithmic Trading.

The first half covered time series (taught by Jay Damask) while the second half covers Algo Trading/Stat Arb (taught by Jim Liew)

It is highly likely that the course would be offered next year. As far as I (or pretty much any of the other students) can tell, nothing has changed with regards to that.

There was a typo, it will be offered in spring 2012.

Thank you, Roni, MTH 9867 will be offered every Spring semester from now on.

I am wondering if there is a page for current students/alumni. I would like to know what they did in the past, and are currently doing in terms of projects/research.

The employment statistics page look great, but it doesn't say anything about the long run outcome. How long does a former student stay in this field after they graduated? I know it's subjective but it would be great to see some numbers.
As Dan always says... people in Wall St. never retire :)

Back