• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baseball season is up on us

Sanket, were you born in US? How did you become a Red Sox fan? did you jump to the bandwagon in the last couple of years?

I started following the Red Sox following a 5th grade report on Ted Williams. Coincidently, the first YMCA team I played I played for was named Red Sox.

Let's not get into that....I'm still recovering. Though they didn't win the super bowl, the 07 pats are still one of the greatest, if not the greatest, team to play the game.

I've been following the whole spy-gate scandal quite closely. After all this, Matt Walsh better have something substantial, else he is going to anger a lot of people. One question which keeps bothering me, though, is why did he wait so long? Does he really have any incriminating evidence or he is merely a disgruntled employee...hopefully we'll soon find out.

As for the Yankees, I really hope Alex Rodriguez gets booed during his first at-bat. The guy is a complete douche. He already makes a filthy amount of money, tries to leave for even more money, then ends up coming back because no one willing to pay him what he desires. No class whatsoever.

I've been following the whole spy-gate scandal quite closely. After all this, Matt Walsh better have something substantial, else he is going to anger a lot of people. One question which keeps bothering me, though, is why did he wait so long? Does he really have any incriminating evidence or he is merely a disgruntled employee...hopefully we'll soon find out.

Regardless, the Patriots are cheaters and bad karma did them at the end... and I don't think they are the best team ever in football because when, it really matter, they lost.

Regardless, the Patriots are cheaters and bad karma did them at the end... and I don't think they are the best team ever in football because when, it really matter, they lost.

So much for habeas corpus. There is no proof that were "cheating." Ever since this whole spygate nonsense erupted, all the facts remain with those close to the investigation. The general public knows nothing. There is no basis for people to dimiss the Pats' spectacular season as a product of cheating - not until the facts have been made public.

In the meantime, I still think the 07 Pats' are the greatest team ever.

So much for habeas corpus. There is no proof that were "cheating." Ever since this whole spygate nonsense erupted, all the facts remain with those close to the investigation. The general public knows nothing. There is no basis for people to dimiss the Pats' spectacular season as a product of cheating - not until the facts have been made public.

cheater cheater :)

In the meantime, I still think the 07 Pats' are the greatest team ever.
reasoning and logic go out the window...

cheater cheater :)

reasoning and logic go out the window...

Haha, I had a feeling someone would say something like that!

Will ARod get booed more at home games this year this year than last ?
Will Santana make the Mets fan forget what happened last year ?
Will Jeter get another ring ?
Who will win AL East title this year ?

Alll are great topic for speculation and team bashing ;)

I personally want to see the Yankees move past the first round playoff. Time to get that World Championship back. It's been too long.

I hope A-rod gets booed at first at-bat tonight. He deserves it.

I think I will boo him as well when I get to their games this year. I dislike overpaid athletes. No incentives to produce. I read somewhere that the stats for athletes during their contract year goes way up and as soon as they sign that multi-dollar long term contract, it goes down very fast.

New York teams have a tradition of singing off-their-prime stars and paying them like during their prime. The Knicks are a perfect example.

Because the guy is an a greedy overpaid athlete. He tried to leave the Yankees during the off season, solely for the reason of money. Lo an behold, he ends up coming back because no one is willing to pay him what he desires. Granted, I am a Red Sox fan, but there is also the issue of A-Rod falling asleeping during October. If a Red Sox player pulled the same stunt, say Mike Lowell for example, I would be saying the same thing about him.

I had to miss the game because of work but I was disappointed with the score. It seems the Sox haven't quite found their offense yet. But hopefully that will change tonight.

Red Sox: 2
Yankees: 1

15 more meetings left

The Big Dig: The Yanks Uncover a Red Sox Jersey

This is pretty funny
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/14/sports/baseball/14jersey.html

"Two thoughts occurred to us," Levine said. "One is that it's never a good thing to be buried in cement in New York, so we thought about just pouring more cement on it."
Instead, the Yankees decided to turn what Levine called a "bad, dastardly act" into a good one.
Levine said the extracted jersey would be cleaned up, put in a display case along with a Yankees Universe T-shirt and sent to Boston. There, the Ortiz jersey and Yankee T-shirt will be auctioned to benefit the Jimmy Fund, the Red Sox' primary charity, which is affiliated with the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

It's good that the jersey is being put to good use. And I'm sure the auction was entirely Hank's idea... :D

Back