• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

bayesian statistics

Next semester I was planning to take a course. Due to schedule clashes I can take only one of Advanced Probability theory-2( in part 1 they already covered LLN and CLT) and Bayesian Statistics. Which one will be more useful for me going into finance? Advanced Probability theory-2 covers Martingale and Markov processes rigorously.

Statistics is used a lot in arbitrage kind of positions, so I am confused about the course I should take. Any suggestions?

Generally, take statistics if you are interested in trading, and probability if you are interested in pricing derivatives.

Please, bear with me, I am just starting a program in spring. Is not derivatives pricing used for trading?

What about Bayesian statistics specifically? Are they very useful?

they are useful. We have seen application of that in dynamic linear models.

Back