• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Best browser out there

What is the best browser

• IE 8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firefox

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Chrome

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Opera

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Safari for windows

• Other (please post answer in thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi guys,

So i've just installed windows 7 on one of my computers. I'm used to running a mac with safari / firefox, and I would like to know what is the best browser out there to run on win 7 ?

Thank you.

Chrome FTW!

text text text

Opera. Here's to resonance frequencies and shattered glass.

Chrome. Fast and that's all I need :)

wow I didn't know google's chrome was this popular. I use firefox but looking for a better browser. When I last used chrome, it used to crash frequently. I will try it again

I love it. So far, not one person voted for IE 8 yet.
And I just wish more people would use the latest browser versions so I don't worry about supporting crappy IE6 and worrying about browser incompatibility.
As long as Firefox and Chrome are the most dominant browsers used by our members, we can roll out new features that won't break our design.

don't turn off IE6... that's the only way I able to read QN from work (via Bloomberg). QN is blocked by the the IT group in my company.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

...So i've just installed windows 7 on one of my computers.
why? why did you go backwards?

FF here. I find it the best browser for Web Dev by far due to Firebug, LiveHTTPHeaders etc.

try opera and see it for urself :)

Has anyone tried Opera browser. This browser is totally legit.

Since Microsoft has completely failed when it comes to browsers, here are my browser preferences, ranked in order

1 -> Opera, Chrome
2 -> Safari, Firefox
3 -> Rock melt -- I like the concept but haven't tried it yet

And If you're flying this holiday period Google is offering free internet to help promote chrome Google Chrome Free Wifi
=====================
IE -> I generally use this if I have no other options

Back