• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Bloomberg Event

11/6/2007 New York
4:30 pm- 6:00 pm
731 Lexington Ave, New York, NY

Food for Thought: Volatility Trading

Speaker: Peter Carr, PHD, Quantitative Finacial Research, Bloomberg LP
Eric Rosenfeld, PHD, MIT Alum, Quantitative Alternatives LLC

(free event)

given recent volatility stats, this could be rather interesting and relevant.
plus, the speakers are great - Rosenfeld used to be at LTCM, Peter Carr is also the director of NYU's Math Finance program.
i wish work and school schedules were more flexible... :cry:

I went to the London event, was good, and I counsel any of you that can make it to attend.
This is very current stuff, and a good networking opportunity.

The job market has not collapsed (I've seen collapses, this ain't one), but you need to make sure you sharp.

I went to the London event, was good, and I counsel any of you that can make it to attend.
This is very current stuff, and a good networking opportunity.

The job market has not collapsed (I've seen collapses, this ain't one), but you need to make sure you sharp.

I attended the first part of the seminar in Sept and it was good. I met Peter Carr in person after the talk, he is really nice.

Anyone need a hand to register just let me know. And I am in the same building with Bloomberg now.:)

I'll be attending with some colleagues from work.

Back